Sunday, May 25, 2008

Swimming Lessons

So I started swimming lessons a couple of weeks ago, and I love it. I figured that if I was going to even attempt a triathalon I should probably learn how to swim. I never knew how complex swimming was. I have a long way to go, but a least I am able to put my face in the water. So last week during my swimming lesson she wanted me to swim the full length of the pool. No big deal right, I've done it before. Well that was before when I swam with my head above the water and didn't have goggles on. I started out okay, but I got a little nervous as I saw the bottom of the pool get deeper. It was like I was going off a cliff. I didn't think that I would get so nervous but I have never swam with goggles on so it took on a whole new meaning. Well it didn't take me long to overcome my fear and swim to the other side.I have a long way to go, but hopefully I can be ready. Trying to convince myself that I'm capable of a triathalon is whole new story. I figured the first place to start would be the swimming. As Jeremiah will remind me I am not trying to come in first place, I am just doing it to fininsh (and to lose my pregnancy weight). Jeremiah will be doing a triathalon in 4 weeks. At least I have until september to get ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment