Sunday, March 9, 2008

Our Boy!

  • Riley's birth 174 Riley's birth 206 Riley's birth 232 Riley's birth 245 Riley's birth 263

    Well I thought I would give and update on my cute little family. I am happy to report that I came home yesterday with Riley. He is so much fun. The C-section wasn't so much fun, but I survived. It was actually better that I thought it would be. Getting an IV was worse than the Epidural, I had a student nurse trying to find my vein, can I just say "oooowwww". Jeremiah had fun in the operating room, he was able to take the video camera and the camera in. The Video Camera died part way through but he got some graphic pictures, which I won't be posting. It was strange to go to the hospital feeling so good, and Jeremiah would put it, it felt like we were shopping for a baby. Wake up and in the morning and decide to get a baby. It was nice having it schedualed. It was a lot better that last time not having to be in labor for 18 hours and then a c-section. I am recovering so much faster. With Morgan I was in the hospital for 4 days. With Riley 21/2 days. The greatest part was that I was the first person to hold him, they didn't even give Jeremiah an option to hold him. With Morgan I had to wait an hour before I could hold her. So the doctors scored points in my books, since I was going through all the hard work, I should be the first to hold him. Riley seems so small, he weighed 9pds and 20 inches. I love having a boy. At first I really wanted another little girl, but after holding him and seeing him I wouldn't trade him for the world. It is such an amazing experience to hold a new born baby, a baby you've been carrying for 9 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment