Monday, May 18, 2009

My First Half Marathon!!!



Saturday I accomplished my first half marathon, and I loved it. I had a lot of fun. I wasn't sure how well I would do. On Thursday the a couple of days before the marathon, I ended up getting the flu and a cough to go with it. But I hated not accomplishing my goal. So I decided that I would just do the best I could. I ended up finishing the in 2 hours and 40 minutes. I exceeded my expectations. The race was beautiful, and I had great fans cheering me on. The Best part was running the last part of the race with my beautiful tired daughter. I am looking forward to more half marathons and maybe a full. It was a long day but worth it.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go! I am so proud of you, it is such a great feeling accomplish you have worked for and set out to do. That time is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAY TO GO MEG! That's awesome!

    And so sweet that Morgan finished it with you *awe* I love that picture.

    ReplyDelete